Brimmond have a team of experienced mechanical, subsea and hydraulic engineers tailoring engineered solutions to meet our clients’ requirements. We offer the complete engineering solution from concept/FEED through to finalised as-built unit or service. Brimmond specialise in providing reliable, user friendly mechanical and hydraulic systems and use a variety of software to provide detailed 3D CAD models and 2D hydraulic schematics / P&IDs.
Over the years, we at Brimmond have designed and manufactured a variety of products including,
- Hydraulic and pneumatic reelers and spoolers
- Diesel and electric hydraulic power units
- Hydraulic control systems
- Pressure test units
- Pump units
- Modular hydraulic systems
- Subsea equipment
- ATEX equipment for use in zone 2 and zone 1 hazardous environments
In collaboration with our various partners, we are able to offer the complete engineered solution, dealing with:
- Conceptual design and FEED
- Detailed fabrication and general arrangement drawing packages
- Structural, mechanical and hydraulic calculations
- Electrical and electronic engineering
- PLC control systems
- Reverse engineering
- Load tests
- Operation & maintenance manuals and certification documentation packages
Brimmond have a history of building equipment to the following standards,
- DNV 2.22, DNV 2.7-1 and DNV 2.7-2
- 2006/42/EC Machinery Directive
- 2014/34/EU ATEX Directives: Group II, Category 2, (Zone 1)
- 2014/34/EU ATEX Directives: Group II, Category 3, (Zone 1)
- 2014/68/EU Pressure Equipment Directive (PED)
- EN 12100 Mechanical Safety for Machines.
- PUWER 1998 Provision of Use Work Equipment regulation.
- LOLER 1998 Lifting Operation and Lifting Equipment regulation.
- NORSOK R-002 – Lifting Equipment
- NORSOK Z-015 – Temporary Equipment
Our team of technicians and engineers have over 75 years of experience dealing with a variety of mechanical, hydraulic, manufacturing and assembly methods including:
- Stainless steel piping – single ferrule, twin ferrule (Swaglok / Parker A-LOK), medium pressure (Autoclave), high pressure
- Hydraulic hosing, and fittings, NPT, BSPT, BSPP, JIC,
- Mild and stainless-steel work
Brimmond engineers also support our hires and operation departments with deck layouts, lift plans, installation, and decommissioning for all projects.