Oil and Gas
The oil and gas sector is Brimmond Group’s primary area of experience, having provided the oil and gas sector with a variety of products for over 20 years. Over these years, we have supported operator and service companies through the design and supply of new equipment, refurbishment of used equipment and rental.
Projects that we’ve undertaken in the oil and gas industry include;
- Design and manufacture of a variety of equipment, including ATEX zone 1 and 2, reelers, HPUs, pressure test units, accumulator modules, hydraulic control systems,
- Refurbishment of deck equipment, such as ROV launch and recovery systems, knuckle boom cranes
- Vast rental fleet
- Onsite offshore certified mechanical and hydraulic technicians, for surveys, repair, commissioning, and testing
Hydraulics are the most commonly used control system for subsea systems and with hydraulics being Brimmonds bread and butter, we are capable and experienced in providing subsea mechanical and hydraulic equipment. From ROV Tooling to Subsea Accumulator Modules, Brimmond have designed and manufactured many Subsea projects.
With older assets becoming more economically viable to decommission, Brimmond has adapted its rental fleet and engineering solution to support the decommissioning sector. Our experience within the oil and gas sector enabled us to easily adapt our services and equipment to tailor to the decommissioning sector. Brimmond Group have supported a number of high profile decommissioning projects including:
- Design and manufacture of zone 1 and safe area electric hydraulic power units and hydraulic control units for powering and operating a diamond wire cutting machine with a cut of up to 12’’.
- Attic oil recovery – pneumatically powered, zone 1, filtration, pumping and metering skid for the recovery of attic oil from a gravity-based production platform.
- High capacity knuckle boom crane – rental, installation and commissioning of an Effer 175000-6S onto a dive support vessel. Including supplying two OPITO stage 2 crane operators.
- Jacking tower / well recovery system – hydraulic system design and installation. Brimmond Group provided the hydraulic control system for a 300-metric tonne jacking tower/ well recovery system. Our hydraulic circuit design allowed the system to be controlled through one central control unit, which also provided real time load monitoring. Brimmond also supplied, installed and commissioned two Effer 275M knuckle boom cranes.
Whether the hydraulic control system is on a barge or a Naval Spec Destroyer – Brimmond group can help. We have a long history of working with clients within the Defence sector, installing, maintaining and servicing mechanical and hydraulic systems.
Proving our diverse portfolio, Brimmond’s modern rental fleet, supplemented by our engineering support allowed us carry out severely high profile civil/construction projects.
- Queens Ferry Crossing – rental and installation of three Effer 440M knuckle boom cranes and purpose built 45kW hydraulic power units.
- Concrete accropode lifting device load test – We conducted a 50t load test on a concrete accropode lifting device aiding with a harbour construction project.
Installation and Commissioning of many types of renewable energy require mechanical and hydraulic systems. Brimmond have carried out modifications and improvements to equipment aiding with the installation of subsea tidal turbines. We also have a dedicated hydraulic equipment spread for powering subsea dredgers, this spread has been utilised in cable burial for windfarms.